Here are a few ideas to assist you when you are looking for a photographer. A single image taken with skill can reveal some of the most intimate feelings and emotions between you and your friends and family. The challenge is to get the best photographer for the task.
- Ask your friends which professional they used and look at their albums or portfolios.
- Decide what style of photography you prefer. For instance, are you looking at traditional poses, or would you prefer more natural looking photos, or perhaps a more glamour approach to the photos. Some photographers are better at one style more than the other, so it is important that you know what your preferred style is.
- Review their photos for innovativeness, quality and the style you like. It is also important that you feel comfortable with your final choice too. If you feel uncomfortable, you will not look relaxed in the photos that they are taking. Don’t always go for the cheapest option either, it is sometimes better to go for a quality professional but take a cheaper package with them. After all you can’t redo the photos later if you don’t like them.
- Make sure you are aware of what you are paying for. Does payment include a disk of all photos, how many hours does it include, does it include an album and is there some photo shopping done on the photos afterwards.
- Check out magazines for specific shots that you like and make sure that you photographer understands what you are looking for. Put you requirements in writing so that there are no misunderstandings.
- Lastly, your chosen professional needs to be as excited as you to be a part of your special day and not have an attitude of being bored or inconvenienced.